The following motion was passed unanimously by the Branch at yesterday’s General Meeting:
This branch condemns without reservation the suspension of a number of students and of Professors Peter Hallward and Peter Osborne [and Dr Christian Kerslake] by the management of Middlesex University, following their participation in a peaceful protest and teach-in against the closure of the Middlesex Philosophy Department. This action represents a fundamental attack on the rights of students and staff and Higher Education Institutions to engage in such peaceful protests. We call on the management of Middlesex University to reinstate these students and staff immediately.We also urge the management of Sussex University to join us in this call.
Note: Dr Kerslake was added after the meeting when his suspension became known.
- Not guilty verdict for Alfie and Zak
- Protest in support of Alfie Meadows on the first day of his re-trial, Monday 11 February
- Protest in support of Alfie Meadows on the first day of his re-trial, Monday 29th October
- Petition for Alfie Meadows
- Hegel Now? Workshop Thursday 5 May
- Police charge Alfie Meadows